Yogiman, Here's Your Answer on the Blue Orpingtons

I'm beginning to think that it is the Gordie chicks that has lead to my undoing. I've got 30 Gordie chicks out there and I ain't sure what I got other than that. I was getting along just fine with my brood of white orps, white rocks, delawares, and rhode island whites. I even threw in some speckled sussex and silver gray dorkins. Then along comes all this women talk about them dang blue orps and splash. Splash what? And then SOMEONE went and posted about the Gordie chicks and I fell, hook, line and sinker. Lawd, have mercy.
hit.gif

I got 25 Gordie big footed orps. And I do mean "Big Feet" as in huge. If their bodies grow as big as their feet they will be dangerous to be around. Gordie says, "some are black (ordered 5), some are blue (ordered 10), some are splash (didn't order any) and some are probably lavender." Okay, which ones are which?
idunno.gif
All I know is that 10 of them ain't black or blue yet. They are more a silver color at best. I had a heck of a time trying to photo them. It was like trying to take a picture of a ghost. They disappeared.

And then to make matters worse, I ordered 5 blue rocks. Did I get 5 blue rocks? Why on earth did that little guy have to send me 2 mottled rocks?
barnie.gif
I didn't order any mottled nothing. All I have to indicate anything to me is their yellow legs. Two of them are bright yellow. Looks like them Easter chicks. Only one of them has a hint of blue.

So thanks to some five or six of you out there, that is the mess that I am in. And you all know who you are.
tongue.gif

Ain't it fun?
gig.gif
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? I can't ever remember having this much fun fully dressed.
lau.gif
old.gif

Yeah, I saw it but I wish I hadn't looked. It's that kind of stuff that got me in this mess to begin with.
gig.gif
Blue, black, splash orps. Then, "Get a bator"!

Cyn, he is a beauty. I wish I knew your secret. I sit here and keep looking at the pic of Suede and say to myself, Someday, Someday, I'm gonna have me one of them. I wish!

Do your Blacks not look like the ones MissPrissy hatched out from my orps?....Those should be easy to tell....

And
tongue.gif
I speak for all us blue orp ladies!...lol

No, if I have any blacks out there, they don't look like Prissy's. Her's has a funny looking beak. Look at them pics she posted a while ago. Mine has a beak like a regular chicken.

Back
Top Bottom