YOGURT FOR CHICKENS ?

how early is too early for yogurt?

i have one chick that hatched yesterday and is struggling and i was going to add some plain yogurt for her today.

then i have four other chicks that were born on saturday, i was going to let them have some too.

does anyone think that's a bad idea?

Quote:
lol.png
I read "warm oatmeal and scotch"

I'm not sure how long yogurt keeps, but I found a couple of cups in the fridge that had a February date on them. Pulled the tops and fed to the chickens and ducks. Gone in a few minutes. Dogs were jealous so they got some too. Gone in seconds!

One thing about getting poultry and reading this forum, I'm eating better myself.

I've been making the yogurt for me, my kids, my chickens too. The nice thing is that making it it is sooooo much cheaper than buying it. We eat it in spurts, sometimes 2 qts a day, then some days much less. For the chickies I mix it into some feed to reduce waste and flinging. THEY love it! I love it. THe best yogurt I have ever had!

I give my girls homemade plain yogurt once a week. They love it. It is like crack to them. One of the farmer's near me told me that it is really good to keep the stomach in check. All I know is that if I put scratch out and yogurt at the same time, they go for the yogurt everytime!

Back
Top Bottom