Yolk attached to the semi hard beige bits

Honomi

Songster
9 Years
Sep 3, 2013
Cornwall, England
I've just posted a thread "Brown jelly like liquid with poop" but my other chicken also had quite strange dropping this morning.
Yolk attached to semi hard beige color bits, beige bit is quite lumpy, when I touched it, it was like a big lump of chewed gum and when I picked it up the yolk sack was dangling and attached to it. Its texture is like a deflated rubber pi pet and this must have happened over night or very early in the morning before I clean the roost.
Please let me know if anyone knows anything like this and is this something to worry about?.
What's this beige color thing?
I've found it's quite shocking as I've never seen before.
She suffers egg binding sometimes through out a year but she's behaving normal, eating and drinking ok.
One other point is I don't have a cockerel, so it can't be anything to do with that.

Last edited:
That's a 'bad egg'...looks like a lash egg attached to a yolk.

Obviously your hen has some reproductive issues, between this and the egg binding.....
....not sure what you can do about it, if she seems ill in other ways it might be best to cull her.

Cull or restrict her feed intake for a couple of weeks to take her out of lay. This may allow reproductive tract time to heal. During the period of restricted feeding try to give her more greens.

This hen called Masala. As much as I hate to see her suffering from egg binding symptom, in the past somehow she always manage to pull herself together and clears up. She went into one last evening just before going up to the roost and she laid two eggs sometime over the night. One was normal egg and the other one was soft shell egg but wasn't broken. She was very active and fine today.
I tend to leave her body nature to solve it naturally.
By the way I only have two hens so the other one called Tikka who did brown jelly with poop. It's possible both hens are reacting to the change in weather temperature as winter temperature came suddenly to this area last week.

Back
Top Bottom