You Feather Sexing Experts... have at it! Pretty please? (Video update)

I am going to add another boy. That littlest one is a runty cockerel who is at the bottom of the pecking order. He isn't showing color and development because of that. I see it in my own birds. In fact, I have boys who are almost a year old and just getting red because their is another roo in their pen who is the dom and they are just starting to get roostery.

And, the Black is also looking very much like his other brothers once you see the video.

I am down to 1 pullet, the other Splash.
Sorry
hugs.gif

Do you guys still see one male among the splash and the blue and black, all boys?
I see one boy (splash) and all the rest girls... I am all puzzled here

How old are these now?
I stick by what I said about the smallest one, I think it is a submissive cockerel. In the first picture, the 3 standing around it, look at the wattles. For this age, you don't see wattles on a pullet. Add that to the color and the size and color of the comb. I am still calling those cockerels.
I wish I were wrong for your sake, but I am pretty sure you only have 1 girl in the bunch.

I agree, I think you have 1or 2 females and the rest males. Here are a couple of pictures of some 6 week old chicks I had. All turned out to be males. I had already taken out the chicks I thought were the females.

In birds, the sex of the embryo is determined by the egg, not the sperm (as it is in humans). Temperature at incubation cannot change the sex of a fetus.

Quote:

Quote:

Male chicks might need higher incubation temps and thus die off at a colder temp.

So much for "scientific evidence" and feather sexing. Some breeds can be feather sexed, but some can't. If lower temperatures worked, the hatcheries would be doing it.

The were born between Feb 2-3. I am still confused about the black one. I definitely see male behaviors in one splash and the blues, bluffing at each other.
I'll wait one or two more weeks before giving away the boys.

Thank you all so much for your opinions on the photos in the last few weeks.

Good luck with them. I hope I am wrong on at least one for you to get at least 2 pullets, but I am not sure you are going to get that.
The good thing is that now is a great time to get some other chicks for pullets!
I wish I had some Blue Orps ready, I would send you some!

Back
Top Bottom