you guys have created a monster.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Rocky Top Chick, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Rocky Top Chick

Rocky Top Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    North Carolina
    I never intended to hatch chicks, but after reading all your posts I'm game now. I built one last weekend, have it set up, calabrated the humidity (6.50 from Walmart) and it was right on the money. So now all I have to do is make sure I have fertile eggs. My DH fussed and fussed about more chickens, but now he is bugging me to put some eggs in....................... My bator isn't very pretty, but I was able to make it out of supplies I found at home. Keep your fingers crossed that it will work. If not, I still had fun trying. Thanks to all of you for creating a bigger monster in me !! LOL

2. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010
    [​IMG] Don't you just love this "enablers" website? LOL GooD Luck!!! [​IMG]

3. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    Quote:I started 7 years ago and i just can't stop. I went through a dry year two years back, but when i started back up again I became a hatcher again.

4. Doormantnt

Doormantnt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Is there a where and when meeting schedule for those with "chicken addiction"?!?!?!?!?!

I started bout year and half ago with the idea of "Oh what the heck, I'll get a couple feed store chicks, and if it doesn't work then I'll have supper".......Now as of late yesterday I'm measuring my (overengineer and over expensive) coop to put on an addition that will more then double the size so I'll have "growing" room for the new ones that I will attempt to hatch in the bator I haven't made yet......WOW....wife threatened to kill me, but is supportive for most part..LOL....she knows me well enough, when I research something, I am unsually convinced myself to do it.

How did I get here???? And why can't I stop!?!?!?!?!?!

Thank yall for the support and "enabling" that has brought this looney redneck to the addiction of chickens.

TNT

5. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    we wanted five or six.... we ended up with thirty....

6. karimw

karimw Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Eastern IA
    Quote:But who's counting right? Chicken Math at its best [​IMG]

I started in March of last year with 35 intending to eat the half that would be roosters and have a small flock of layers. Now I have 70+ mostly young and have started a heritage breed project. Next I will be getting an incubator. Nothing can stop me now![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by