YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS!!!

animalz11

Songster
8 Years
Jul 20, 2012
QLD Australia
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8543844/neglected-ducks-swim-for-first-time

Above is a link I found on Ninemsn which shows neglected ducks who have been saved by animal welfare officers having their first swim in a bath.

Very moving. At the start, the ducks are affraid o the water, but then one starts to enjoy himself, flapping and cleaning himself in the water. There isn't much info about the horrible person who neglected these ducks enough to not provide them with swimming water.

Why would you want ducks if you're not going to give them some place to swim?!

Glad somebody is out there taking care of captive ducks. I don't know why somebody would have ducks with no access to swimming facilities.

Sounds like the people were having a duck swimming party going on in the background.

The links to this video were popping up all over the place, so I took a look. Very uplifting to see them finally begin to enjoy the water. I had to chuckle to myself, because I would have told their keepers not to traumatize them by tossing them in!
lol.png
Well, it worked out.

As far as people keeping ducks without water, I don't have an answer and I am not sure there is only one. For me, the take-home points are that things do get out of hand for any number of reasons, and those of us who understand duck care can sometimes - perhaps often - step in and help not only the ducks but the people involved. Not easy, not comfortable, not inexpensive, but maybe the right thing to do.

Hooray for those who make it their business to care for animals, kids, the elderly and disabled. And hooray for those who offer to teach others how to do the same.
clap.gif

The links to this video were popping up all over the place, so I took a look. Very uplifting to see them finally begin to enjoy the water. I had to chuckle to myself, because I would have told their keepers not to traumatize them by tossing them in!
lol.png
Well, it worked out.

As far as people keeping ducks without water, I don't have an answer and I am not sure there is only one. For me, the take-home points are that things do get out of hand for any number of reasons, and those of us who understand duck care can sometimes - perhaps often - step in and help not only the ducks but the people involved. Not easy, not comfortable, not inexpensive, but maybe the right thing to do.

Hooray for those who make it their business to care for animals, kids, the elderly and disabled. And hooray for those who offer to teach others how to do the same.
clap.gif
Here, Here!

Just as Amiga said, I saw the lady throw the duck in and I was a little shocked, poor duck, but I guess that was the only way to get him in the water, well... not the only way, she could have just placed him in. But... it worked!

If you're going to keep ducks without water either get chickens or get those plastic floating ducks you can find in cheap stores. The plastic ones don't need feeding, cleaning, water or room... perfect for all those simple-minded people who think ducks don't need care.

Back
Top Bottom