You know it's cold when..

xke4

Songster
12 Years
Feb 3, 2007
..the snow squeaks beneath your boots and it hurts to take a breath. But it's no match for those water warmers that keep my water in the coops at a constant temperature. WooHoo!!! Even when, on the coldest day of the year, you throw a stick for the dog....release it at the wrong moment, and it goes crashing thru the window of the duck coop.

I really love the heated water buckets for my birds,donkeys and my other creatures.
I have barn cats(what a shock) I have the really big water bucket plugged in for them,empty of course,they pile in on top of each other and stay pretty warm. It looks so funny:lol:

Last edited:
this is from an old Calvin and Hobbs cartoon and is so true..
"You know it's cold when your boogers freeze." Picture Calvin with his face all scrunched up and his nose wrinkly.
big_smile.png

Quote:
barnie.gif
OH NO!!!!

We have the squeaky snow, with ice hiding under it.....

I've been raking the chicken run, they wouldn't come out with the inch or two of snow, so I just raked it to the one end... and they came out, and now think I PUT the white stuff all over..... no egg for me this am............. I'll have to check later again!
he.gif

Quote:
I didn't think the buckets worked when they were empty ? ? and only turn on when the liquid inside reaches 34 or something degrees?

I don't use the buckets. I use the metal platforms on which you place your regular plastic waterers. They keep the water at a constant temperature.....not regulated by the temperature inside the coop.
Wish I could run water in my hoses outside but they have to all be drained and put away until the spring or they burst. Right now it is 10F but it feels like -6.

OK, you know it's cold when you go to scoop your dropping shelf and the little round chicken poopy popcyle piles are frozen to the shelf.
lol.png
Oh yea, and they are all frozen in the run, to!

You know it's cold when your dad brings in the hunting dogs, and locks them in your room... We have four dogs in the house right now. Two are not supposed to, and three of them are big...

Back
Top Bottom