You know it's time to call the sheriff when...

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
Darlin' do not beat yourself up over this, I know I would have been upset in your position but it was you or the dog and you...You saved yourself from what sounded like a guaranteed violent confrontation with the high guy. I am very glad you made it safe and sound, but geez it sounds like you need a real break dear. You are just going to burn yourself out and do no one any good.
sad.png

Please don't beat yourself up over the dog, the officer did what needed to be done and even if you took the dog to the vet or anything - it obviously would have been put down because the owner didn't care for it.
sad.png
You can't help that some idiot let his poor dog run loose.

Take care - more
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
I know, Debi, I know.
hugs.gif
Thank you for caring so much.

I know stress is alot of the equation, and the large part of why I was so distracted on the way was because I had just picked up Wild-One's litter, food dishes, and bed, and tossed them, before I left for work. That hurt, and I was still feeling it on the way to work.

The good news is I am off 'till Friday (from both school and work) and they have found someone to come in at 2300. I am going to go home, take a hot shower, and watch a movie with my dog.

Thanks everyone, for your kind words.
hugs.gif
I just feel horrible knowing that dog suffered for well over an hour before the deputy got there. All because I was too stressed to pay attention.
sad.png

Last edited:
Don't beat yourself up over the dog. You did the right thing; you stopped and tried to help. When Wacko showed up yelling, you did exactly the right thing by getting yourself out of there. You never know what a nut job like that might be capable of doing. You could have ended up in the ditch with the dog.
debiraymond is right...give yourself some ME time. It sounds like it has been an extremely stressful and emotional time for you, and you need to give yourself some time to recover. Glad to hear that you're off till Friday; get some R&R.

Quote:
I know, Debi, I know.
hugs.gif
Thank you for caring so much.

I know stress is alot of the equation, and the large part of why I was so distracted on the way was because I had just picked up Wild-One's litter, food dishes, and bed, and tossed them, before I left for work. That hurt, and I was still feeling it on the way to work.

The good news is I am off 'till Friday (from both school and work) and they have found someone to come in at 2300. I am going to go home, take a hot shower, and watch a movie with my dog.

Thanks everyone, for your kind words.
hugs.gif
I just feel horrible knowing that dog suffered for well over an hour before the deputy got there. All because I was too stressed to pay attention.
sad.png

Terrah that dog was not on a leash. This is not your fault. My point was that if you had been taking care of yourself better, you may have been early for work, or thought clearly and said NO.
hugs.gif

OOh Darn.. just saw this, Terrah...
sad.png

So sorry! I know it hurts...
hugs.gif

I thank the officer for putting the dog down so it didnt suffer...
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom