You know times are tough

I'm jealous of that shop. And Times are GREAT if women can do that! I was always my father's favorite son even though he had 3 girls. I love that kind of work and finally found a man who could deal with that. Today's chore is raising a flagstone path that sunk one inch after flood waters settled over it for a week. Pull up each stone and put in 1" of decomposed granite and level it out. I picked up the granite in my truck and do all the work myself. Sometimes he is actually cleaning the house while these chores are going on outside!!!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

Actually, I'm surprised how every thing is nicely labeled in today's cars. Heck, I remember the distributor cap of long ago! When my Jeep had problems last year all we had to do was connect the diagnostic computer which revealed what was wrong. Dang thing needed a computer part that simply snapped in place. Cost $150.00 for the part-which was available only through a dealership, and they weren't to eager to sell it to me since I was not an authorized mechanic.
roll.png

I love doing my own vehicle maintainence
smile.png
I have always been able to change the tires, check and change the oil, oil filter, air filter, alternator, starter, spark plugs, battery, etc.

'Course it helps that my Papa worked for the DOT as a mechanic for 50+ years so I was always under the trucks tinkering on something, even if it was when I was 2 and just tapping on the various underparts with a wrench
wink.png
Hey, even at 2 I could pretend like I knew what I was doing
tongue.png

Times are tough when women DON'T know how to do those things. Makes me feel proud to be a woman when I see other women doing what you do. I work with and know a lot of women who barely know where the ignition is let alone check tire pressure.
hide.gif

Good job!
thumbsup.gif

You look hot working on a car!!!!
woot.gif
I love empowered women who do those things!!! Makes me revert to the old saying "Anything a man can do we can do better" nee ner nee ner nee ner!..
hide.gif
( ok snapping back to being a grown up) .
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom