You Know What? I'm Not Moving.

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
Nope. I've decided we have entirely too much stuff to move, therefor we shall forever live in this apartment with all of this junk we somehow accumulated over the past 3 years. And to top it off? We have engagement pictures today in weather that seems to be constantly screaming "don't worry about packing...you will only make it easier for me to strew your belongings everywhere. Mwahahaha!"

This is stressful and NO fun.

I seriously hate moving OUT, but I love moving IN. I hate that "pack it or toss it?" feeling, but I love setting up a new place.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I'm just the opposite. I LOVE packing up and loathe unpacking.

You know why I like unpacking? Usually I don't do all the packing myself, but I wind up unpacking, so I find things I totally forgot I owned. Like an Icee maker this last move. I thought SWEET!!!

I just feel overwhelmed and it's probably because Brandons having to work all week from 9 to 9 to get his work done before we leave. So I get to have fun packing and trashing..except I don't know what he wants to keep that's his so I wind up keeping it until he gets home and goes through it. Except he hasn't gone through any of it. Because he's staying up until 12am working on his thesis. So all this crap is strewn everywhere and it looms like I haven't done a single thing!!!

* deep breath*

The kitchen is done, the bathroom is 3/4 of the way done and the 1 bedroom is mostly done. The master bedroom is nowhere near done and I am relaxing today and doing all of the laundry so everything up there is clean. The living room? Yeah no. It's a storage closet right now.

I totally feel for you, we are moving to Alabama within 3 weeks and everything has to be in a box. So far I have my office, the 2 spare rooms and all the knick knack stuff mostly packed. Still have the kitchen, 2 baths, master bedroom and the basement left. We have to put all our stuff in storage when we get there because we don't have a place yet, so all work stuff, dog stuff, etc. has to travel with us. We have horse haulers coming to pick up the horses next week, so that will be one less thing to worry about. I had to get rid of all my live plant because the movers will not move them, my DH works all week so all the packing is up to me. I HATE MOVING! Hopefully we will retire in our new place, I really don't fancy doing this again.

I did get him motivated to go through his stuff by telling him I would be glad to do it for him, but reminded him that I like to throw things away if I don't think they are useful. I also had a huge pile in the barn and let him know it was all going to the dump the next day so if he wanted to save anything it was now or never!

I can be stressful to pack and move, but just remember how good it will feel once you get done. And think about all the decluttering you are doing!

We had to move 350 miles with 3 weeks' notice when I was 32 weeks pregnant (job offer too good to decline). My husband had to pull a ton of late nights too, and we had a 20-month-old. I got a bunch of extra boxes and some bright green duct tape. Everything I packed for me, the baby, and the family was sorted, bubble-wrapped if necessary, labeled, and taped with normal packing tape. I gave my husband a "LEAVE OUT" spot to stack the things he'd die if I packed, and I packed all the rest of his junk in the green-taped boxes. After we arrived at the new place I unpacked all my neatly packed stuff and he sorted his own mess out as he unpacked, one or two boxes every weekend. It worked great!

Good luck!

I've moved so much during my childhood and college years, 16 times so far and its a wonder I dont keep friends very long because I would be uprooted. Hated it but my dad's job depended on it.

I hate to pack and unpack, period.

Back
Top Bottom