You know when you have been trained when...

suburbanduckmom

Songster
10 Years
Oct 16, 2009
Belmont, CA
you feed the ducks dinner and dessert (peas) before you even think about what you are going to cook for the people.

you make a mud puddle before using the hose to water the garden.

your duck sitting directions are longer than the rest of directions for the house sitter.

I may not be able to train the ducks but they sure have trained me.
lol.png

I know what you mean! lol! I do the following-

Feed the ducks better food than I do myself... Make them shrimp and rice and greens, and I go eat a pop tart...lol
then I hold off on a shower or washing clothes so the ducks have enough lukewarm water for a bath/swim.
When I am running late to go somewhere, I stop by them say hello and give them their treats (unsweetened rice puff cereal in their waterer).

Funny how $4 animals can come in and get treated like kings huh?

If you haven't already, I highly recommend you read, "Enslaved by ducks" by bob tarte. lol

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Rowena is the big mouth of the bunch here on the farm. If it is fresh water time, snack time, feeding time or so hot she feels the need for a cool shower from the sprinkler she belts out a lot of noise.
Rotten girl! She is only 4 months old and already has me wrapped around her cute little ducky foot. The other 14 are probably going to take lessons from her. Ugh!
th.gif

9332_rowena.jpg

dI am soooo glad Im not the only ummm crazy (the word everyone calls me) duck lover ...
tongue2.gif

I absolutely HATE to get groc and will hold off as long as possible.. BUT,,, Lord forbid if Im out
of one of my duck treats..tomatoes, lettuce, corn , peas... Ill make a special trip to the store.
I always go to the tanning bed before summer --Not been there... Ive been getting my nails done
for several years.... Right now , NO nails... dont wanna take the time I can spend with my ducks.
Ugggghhhhhhhhhh..... I dooo hate that I worry about them so much tho... They are ducks after all.

Hahahaha, us too.... we love "pea-time" when we bond with the babies by teaching them to eat out of our hands... we've decided to just get used to getting up at 5 in the morning all summer because momma duck quacks so loud to get outside and get her morning slugs...

Slugs, huh? I have been letting the chickens have them...I guess I will have to start sharing what I find with the ducks, too!
Ah, geez! I am warped!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom