You know you are "Country" when...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ashmeade, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Jamsoundsgood

Jamsoundsgood Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    Olympia, WA
    When you slide open the kitchen window and slip the muzzle of the 22/250 out to pop off a ground hog at 7:00 in the morning. Sure gets the wifes attention as she exites the barn.

My husband sits on the toilet and shoots out the bathroom window at nuisence birds. Scares me to death half the time. [​IMG]

2. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    Theres a small general store near by, they actually live in the back just like on the Waltons. Well I run out to grab some oatmeal and the lady behind the counter, who has known me since before I can remember says "its right there on the top, go back and get it I cant reach it" Thats how you know your a local in a very small town.

3. *whistling* When hubby hogs up the toilet all morning, use the outside lawn instead. (hey, When u gotta go, you gotta go! and who is looking?!)

When you end up having to run out the door in nothing but a bath towel all because the donkey has gotten loose and didnt noticed until you JUST GOT OUT OF THE SHOWER! (happened this morning. Didn't know Bob was out until I saw his head sticking out my BATHROOM WINDOW!)

When your garden gets ticked on more then your toilet (MEN! BOYS!)

4. buck-wild-chick

buck-wild-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Hamilton C. FL
    You know your country when,Some unknown person pulls up in your yard and you yell to your mom "Are we liable if that dog bites him"?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  5. rdranch

rdranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2007
    Strasburg,CO
    When you try to trade in a pick up with 280,000 miles and they offer you less money for it than the new parts in it are worth. [​IMG]

6. 60ACRES

60ACRES Stepped in what??

Apr 8, 2009
    Long, OK
    ...When you and your dog "share" a tree at the same time...

...When you have nightly tick inspections

7. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    when the statement "They have Strawberry (neighbor's mule foal) tied behind the 4-wheeler again, dragging her out the road" is repeated multiple nights during the week.

8. aurora

aurora Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2009
    north central indiana
    when you keep a halter, lead rope, and bucket of grain, in the truck at all times, just in case you discover your/ neighbors horses are out.

if you still have eggs in the incubator and its mid october.

if your first ever deer was someone elses road kill.

if your second ever deer was someone elses road kill, one week later, same road, less than five feet from first one

if you have ever taught your husband how to field dress a deer

if you don't even take deer to butcher any more, and just cut it up yourself

9. Firework

Firework Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2008
    Minneeesooodaaa
    If you have paid your bill at the general store with pennies. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2009
  10. thecochincoop

thecochincoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Had to teach my "city boy" hubby how to field dress a deer [​IMG] and we LOVE road kill makes for good eatin' [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by