1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

You know you are "Country" when...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ashmeade, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Lu King

Lu King Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2008
    On the Titanic
    Watching your free-range turkeys and chickens running to catch bugs.....fighting over who gets the bug.

2. first time farmer

first time farmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:This is exactly me! I got suspended for my boots freshmen year but we fought it so i was unsuspended. I love my boots. I also was questioned as to what 4-h was. One of my teachers thought it was a gang lol For prom this year we are taking my truck

[​IMG]

we are going to go mudding before the prom too lol.

3. Lil Chickie Mama

Lil Chickie Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    Hmm, my DH and I went to all our school dances in his mud covered '85 Blazer and had a great time! So many of these fit us, it's just too funny.

How about when: you watch your chickens eating bugs and instead of thinking, "Eww and I'm going to eat their eggs? [​IMG] " you think, "I should really start a 5 gal bucket with mealworms/crickets/pill bugs (or like me one of each) so they have a better quality egg and meat! [​IMG] "

4. Orpygal

Orpygal Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2009
    Eastern Panhandle WV
    When your husband gives you Carhart overalls for Valentine's Day and a trio of BO's for Mother's Day.

5. When you call the dog off the ups guy and the Guineas, the chickens, the horses and the cats come running for a treat.
    The dog is the last to come.

6. Chook-A-Holic

Chook-A-Holic Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2009
    Central, N.C.
    When the local tractor dealer emails you a picture of a low mileage, like new barn find pickup, and you swap a tractor even for it.

[​IMG]

7. osagebill88

osagebill88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Osage Co
    When you lose the screws to put on the new toilet seat your wife just bought and use zip ties in their place.

8. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:OOH I got one!!

DH's windshield wipers wouldn't stay on. So we zip tied them.

I never even cut the "tails" off of the ties. We're so redneck [​IMG]

9. Quote:OOH I got one!!

DH's windshield wipers wouldn't stay on. So we zip tied them.

I never even cut the "tails" off of the ties. We're so redneck [​IMG]

I am going for a visual here. [​IMG]

10. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

Quote:Maybe I'll take a pic tomorrow [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by