You know you are "Country" when...

Quote:
Tons of bandages and tapes, SAM splints, safety masks for mouth to mouth resucitation, ice packs, etc. It was jokingly referred to as my survival kit. Our troopers generally only carry the little automotive first aid kits. I had a really well stocked one for years because my girls played softball and there were a lot of injuries - mostly minor. We were also active with the local volunteer fire department - more injuries. We don't have much in the way of emergency services way out here (911 tells us to call the sheriffs office directly - they don't serve our area) so we got pretty self reliant.

We are too old to be much help with the fire department and our girls are grown, so I don't carry much in the car anymore, but the motor home is pretty well stocked. You never know!
wink.png

Quote:
Tons of bandages and tapes, SAM splints, safety masks for mouth to mouth resucitation, ice packs, etc. It was jokingly referred to as my survival kit. Our troopers generally only carry the little automotive first aid kits. I had a really well stocked one for years because my girls played softball and there were a lot of injuries - mostly minor. We were also active with the local volunteer fire department - more injuries. We don't have much in the way of emergency services way out here (911 tells us to call the sheriffs office directly - they don't serve our area) so we got pretty self reliant.

We are too old to be much help with the fire department and our girls are grown, so I don't carry much in the car anymore, but the motor home is pretty well stocked. You never know!
wink.png

gig.gif
We have the sheriff's cell phone number!
gig.gif
He lives just down the road, probably throwing a stone would be faster than calling 911

Quote:
That's what I was thinkin. I mean, I think I can fix just about anything on anyone (of any species) that's ever needed fixing up around here . . . but I don't think I'm quite ready for car accident type injuries!!!

Quote:
Ditto, only insert 'chicken chores'.

By the way, this is my 1000th post since joining this spring--woooohooo!
Edited to add, I think I have a problem
lol.png

Last edited:
OUR first aid box is a wooden one that used to have belmondo cigars in it. It's the box that has speciality bandages like for finger/knuckles, big fist-sized bandanges, cloth rolls and tape--YOU KNOW, for those "around the farm" common injuries that you never get if you live in town!

Back
Top Bottom