You know you are "Country" when...

When you hear the neighbor's dog chasing down a hen at 6:50 am and run out to check in nothing more than your undies.. True story. It happened to me this morning!!
th.gif

lol.png
I am so glad to hear I'm not the only one out in the early morning with pajama pants and rubber boots, going about my business as usual. Sometimes, it's just too early for clothes.

when your kids don't know that most eggs are white.

I few years ago our chickens weren't laying for a while and I had to give in and buy some eggs at the store. I went to the health food store and bought "free range" eggs but they were white. When I got home and my daughter saw the eggs she said "wow! white eggs! wouldn't it be cool if we had chickens that lay white eggs???" Until that moment I hadn't realized that all they've ever known is brown, green and blue eggs
big_smile.png
I'm glad a white egg has never shown up in one of their homeschool workbooks because they may not have known what it was LOL!

"When the Fed-Ex driver doesn't want to get out of the truck because of the goat and dogs."

LOL, so true!!! Thursday the Fed Ex guy was here and I had to go outside to get the package because he could hear Max.(Who is less than thrilled with strangers.)

I get a lot of UPS deliveries for my biz. I almost always have the same delivery man, and I told him to just kick gravel at the roo, and he would leave. Occasionally I have a different driver, and I hear the honk b/c he doesnt want to get out of the truck.

And I always do morning chores in jammies if it isnt freezing cold outside. Then I do morn chores in coveralls OVER jammies.
tongue.png

I don't know if I have been a BYC member long enough to see that picture - - - -
people, early morning, pjs, boots, bad hair, . . .
gig.gif

I guess as loooong as the focus of the picture was the chickens,
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
I could handle it - - - -

Otherwise, I may be ruined for the day. . .
TOTALLY Unable to STOP Laughing - -
lau.gif

I

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom