You know your part of the flock when............(what is your story)

bhaugh

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
You know your part of the flock when while doing yard work you find a nest of roaches (yucky), call the hens (mine usually come running) and your side by side moving rocks to find every last creepy one. I did that today with my Helen and Bessie. Helen would wait to see what I could dig up and if she thought I needed help, she jumped right in and did some scratching too. Helen has figured out that human hands can do some pretty neat things.

Humans could learn a thing or two from our chicken friends.

you're* (in your title).

You know you're part of the flock when the chickens fly to you from across the yard to fly on you if you give them a chance.

You know you're part of the flock when your dominant rooster brings you goodies and "tid-bits" you like one of his hens. It is important to ignore those gifts because YOU are The Boss of The Flock, but it's still adorable to see him do it.

You know you’re part of the flock when you get treats from your pullets. Edit: rooster challenges me, then proceeds to mount my arm. Either I’m part of the flock or he’s bipolar, lol.

Last edited:
When your rooster brings you a tidbit. Though he needs to work on his technique. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom