You know you're a backyard chicken owner when...

Pics
upload_2017-5-21_19-52-49.png

Ask the Jehovah's Witnesses - frequently it is even less.

:lau They're scared to come to my house too, although that one lady did keep coming back for a while. :idunno

Sour, I'm not sure whether I should give you a :highfive: or simply make note to not come visiting unless I call first! One of the many benefits of having an empty nest, yes???

This is Rita wearing a miniature hat. She is not happy. You can see her face that screams “I better get a treat for putting up with you!” :lau
View attachment 1213922 View attachment 1213921

Rita is obviously feeling conflicted b/c her hat is adorned with the feather of a fallen comrade.

1180407-0b3d7dfa938efedd60d3c050216eeba7.jpg.gif
"When you are shopping at Rural King and walking by the 16 tubs of different chicks while saying... I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those.. then finally...
I NEED THOSE!!!"
And your Husband is doing this to you..
1206544-7571c22daeca7c06b93dc6899e95aa06.jpg.gif

"When you are shopping at Rural King and walking by the 16 tubs of different chicks while saying... I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those, I've got those.. then finally...
I NEED THOSE!!!"
And your Husband is doing this to you..View attachment 1214027
:lau

This is Rita wearing a miniature hat. She is not happy. You can see her face that screams “I better get a treat for putting up with you!” :lau
View attachment 1213922 View attachment 1213921
Lovely! Although im not sure she agrees! :lau
You bring your own eggs to a diner and try and convince the cook to use them to make your breakfast!

GREAT photo! That would be perfect for the "caption" thread.

You're seriously disappointed to find that this great gal you've been dating doesn't care for chickens OR eggs.

True story, BTW.:hit
Best to discover incompatibility sooner than later.:hugs
There are lots of chicken loving gals out there, I'm sure you have noticed while hanging out here, you'll find the one that fits best with you in time! Be patient...:love
Your father-in-law refers to you as Chicken George.
I wonder how many here get the reference??:gig

When you go grocery shopping and you go to the marked down produce first looking for treats for the chickens before getting your own food. I also cook pancakes for the chickens using the fines from the bottom of chicken feed. I'm very small so my muck boots are from the kids department pink with peace signs on them and I don't care who see me in them. I love my chickens , I sure my neighbors think I a bit nuts.

When you go to your Mothers for Christmas Dinner and watch the clock knowing your pop door is open to the run and your Ducks have not been put to bed and the Dogs also need feeding so you cut your visit short just to get home to the animals again...:th
Every single holiday!!

The only difference for me is to also feed the cats instead of dogs.

We hosted thanksgiving dinner and I literally had to get up in the middle of dessert to make sure everyone was in the coop before the automatic door closed!!

Back
Top Bottom