You know you're addicted to chickens when...

Quote:
Oh no, I have become the crazy chicken lady. I actually have 2 bags of feathers plus some Xtra on the bookcase. It's not EVERY baby feather. I definately pitched all the poopy ones. My BR seemed to go through a molt at 6 months and my mom is so amused by the striped feathers.

Quote:
I have put up a few bows inside, but the lights went up on the coop. Its nice to see lights on the coop when we get home late- makes me fell that everything is ok with them. At first I thought I was a bit chicken crazy but then I realized it's a heck of a lot easier to light the coop than our house.

Quote:
Oh no, I have become the crazy chicken lady. I actually have 2 bags of feathers plus some Xtra on the bookcase. It's not EVERY baby feather. I definately pitched all the poopy ones. My BR seemed to go through a molt at 6 months and my mom is so amused by the striped feathers.

Quote:
I have put up a few bows inside, but the lights went up on the coop. Its nice to see lights on the coop when we get home late- makes me fell that everything is ok with them. At first I thought I was a bit chicken crazy but then I realized it's a heck of a lot easier to light the coop than our house.

I just went a talked to my wife about putting Christmas lights on the chicken coop and she looked at me like I was nuts. I said hey we will be the talk of the neighborhood. She said everyone will think we are crazy. I said we are!!!!!!!!

Quote:
...not only that! You only cook the kind of food for your family, that you know your chickens will like, and you purposely cook double the amount your family can possibly eat...!

You're driving home from work, and instead of thinking about your own dinner, or your kids, you're stressing about having enough daylight for your chicken chores.

You go out to dinner with your family, and ask for take home boxes. Not for you, but for your chickens.

dream constantly about what you want to do to the coop in the spring. When people ask if you had any good dreams every one of them was about your chickens lol. When your rooster crows you look like your the proudest parent in the world.

You wake up at 2am when its snowing and blowing and put your coat on over your night gown and walk outside to check to see if you shut the coop door and you actually did before you went to bed and then you slip on the ice coming back and the dogs jump all over you thinking theyre gonna be fed earlier and you have to feed them because they'll whine and wake the hole house up and then you have to find a paper to write a note that they have been fed so no one else feeds them when they get up.......then you have to crawl back under the covers and try and get back to sleep.....true story....Edit...to say I have also did this in the summer when I have heard the coyotes howling...and afraid I left the door open

Last edited:
You regale your family and friends with facts and discussions such as the significance of earlobe color, brown vs white egg layers, the causes of bumblefoot, why free-range eggs are better, the pros and cons of forced molts... etc...etc...etc...
When you watch their eyes start to glaze over you, somehow, simply don't care.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom