You know you're addicted to chickens when...

It's December, you have a houseful coming for Christmas, not a present is bought...you don't even have a tree yet.

yet while at the feed store picking up your weekly order, OH NO! I COULDN"T! shouldnt'!!! yet somehow you end up hearing the words come out of your mouth....almost in a fugue state

"I'd like to add two barred rocks and two black sex link day old chicks to my order, please"

and the fun begins again!

Orchidchick

Quote:
The parts in bold I will admit to lol
The one in italics is one I should have thought of before and I will remeber for future refrence.
I absoloutly love the part of we're having a baby lol
I must do that to DH someday and see what happens hehe

When you find yourself scoping out every shed and outbuilding you pass as you drive the roads to wherever it is you're going, all the while wondering how much those "potential chicken coops" would cost.

Ahem...I must confess... I caught myself doing just that while driving to work this morning.

You spend hours researching chicken genetics in order to achieve breed results from your own line crosses. You contact an 80 + year old genetisist long since retired to check your ideas. Then you bore people to tears describing how in a mere 20 months, you will have this breed from scratch... if all goes well.

Oh, and people call you Chicken Man.

You pass through the house, mumbling weak hellos, right out the back door for a PTS in the coop: Poultry Therapy Session.

Ok, maybe pause for a glass of wine to take out with their box of cereal so you get treats, too.

You know you're addicted when you bring your favorite chicken indoors for a minor abrasion, buy her chicken diapers and deem her "house chicken"!

Every conversation begins with - "So, the chickens were....", "The chickens did something cute today...", "I'm worried about "insert hen's name".

Quote:
AND - Your family comes over to visit and they say, "Mmmm, what smells so good? Can we have some?"
And you have to tell them it's hot chicken mash/oatmeal/raisins/olive oil/squash/yogurt/salmon you're warming up for the chickens.

Quote:
And you spend more on buying food, at the grocery store, for your chickens than you do for your self.
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom