You know you're addicted to chickens when...

you know your addicted to chickens when you yell at people that throw things at them when they escape! this happened to me with a couple kids i saw throwing pine cones at the chooks when they escaped one day.

You know your addicted when you are on BYC and on the phone with you DH at the same time and reading him each post from this thread even after he has made it very clear he doesn't care or need to hear them lol I have to share it with someone and hes the only one awake at this time.
lol.png

When your looking forward to having the time to clean out the coop so it smells better for your babies.

When they call you Chicken Mama at work.

But when your co-workers ask you how your chickens are and want to see new pics then you know you have arrived.

Last edited:
You know you're addicted to chickens when your family portrait for christmas cards HAS to have a chicken in it!

When your Christmas tree has more chicken ornaments on it than Santa and angel ornaments (I have 24 chicken ornaments)...

When your kitchen cupboards look like this:
100_1061.jpg

Wait! This just happened tonight! You know you are addicted when you look in yesterday's coat and find an egg you forgot was in there and put it in the fridge anyway! DH put on his "outdoor coat" and found an egg from the night before and put it in the fridge today like it was no big deal! Thought I would share. Has anyone else done this?

When you name your hatchery after one of your hens.

When you get home from the grocery store and you are unsackeing the grocerys and while putting them up you tell the old man, now this is for us but stay out of this because its for the chickens and so on and so on. lol

When you make a bowl of warm oatmeal for them on a cold day, add raisins and cut-up grapes, and then fret because you're wondering if you're doing enough.

roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I've done this... I've read that the US is one of the few countries that actually refrigerates their eggs, so they should be fine. I only put them in the fridge because there are too many for the counter!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom