you know...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TinyTotsSeramas, Nov 4, 2011.

1. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    For a while I actually thought it was a horrible thing I was being made to move all of my Serama to my parent's house... But now I realize it was a blessing in disguise!! I get to see my family more, I actually got to eat dinner with them tonight!!!!!! [​IMG]
    I still get to see my babies everyday because the deal was that I could move them there if i still took care of them and let them use the eggs I dont set to hatch.. and the greatest part of all is I get to take care of them the way I want to!! I can put heat lamps on them in the cold which I wouldnt have been able to do here, They get to sleep in a secure basement which here I lost 3 of the prettiest roosters I ever set eyes on to either a big tom cat or a juvi raccoon (who just made the mistake of going after my other chickens in pure daylight).. All because I was having to put them in a tractor 24/7 that was open on all sides but tarped on one side (to protect from rain) because Dh and I wasnt allowed to build a proper coop for them.. If its nice out, my parents sit them on the deck to get sunlight and their letting me bring my tractor there soon so that I can put it on the Island in the middle of the creek so they can get grass on nice days! My parents dont question me on why im doing what Im doing, they now what my babies mean to me and I even got this photo of my Frizzle boy and my 2 - 2 week olds, sleeping on my dad's chest lastnight after Dh an I left! So I think their growing on my parent's too!

[​IMG]

My newborns can have their heatlamp to the time that they are suppose to have it and I dont have to cut them off at 3 weeks old an kick them outside into the brooder like it was here with my first batch... (yeah MIL tried telling me my babies where older then what they were... last I checked I peeled ever single baby out of it's egg but 1 so I think I would know how old they were)
    I am just overall in joy about this move and now I can start adding to my pens again (since I was made to stop for a month unless i sneeked in birds the same ages as my 10 week olds)!!
    So if anyone knows of any Seramas for sale, let me know!! [​IMG]

Also hoping DH gets this job tomorrow so we can get our own place and I can be even happier!! then I can start building my coops instead of having a million large animal cages sitting on shelves.. Now I dont feel like im a crule owner and Im doing right by my babies..

[​IMG] Life is getting good [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Great post & good luck,

Imp

3. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:Thank you Imp!! [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    See, EVERYTHING happens for a reason... [​IMG]

5. TinyTotsSeramas

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:I guess I should have listened to a couple of you who were telling me this lol [​IMG]
    Mine as well call me a mule lol

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

I'm so happy for you! and your critters!

7. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    Great picture! Hope your dh gets that job!!!!

8. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Awww...look at those cute little guys!

9. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    [​IMG]

10. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps