You might be a “Southie” if...

Also I just learned Nabraskie, is home to 2 dozen Southie style lakes and some have water year round!!
380AF7DA-0B7E-4935-9D24-31CDF7401122.png

I think I found a new bullhead fishing spot!!

:lau :lau :lau

Looks like a smallmouth bass to me.
View attachment 2142136
Nope, not a small mouth nor a large mouth...like Ralphie!! :lau In Texas, there called 'goggle eye'd perch', the larger mouth is the 'give away' distinction. Body wise, they are larger than other sunfishes.

I agree, the yellow belly and ear thing (i know fish don't have ears) makes me think sunfish
Fish do have ears, kinda, there called otoliths. They are bones just above where the 'gill ear' spot is inside their head just behind the brain. They function as sensors for gravity, linear acceleration, and hearing. Function is similar to humans. Also, you can age a fish by these bones...they have 'age rings' similar to trees.
20200516_05_09_44.jpg

Fish do have ears, kinda, there called otoliths. They are bones just above where the 'gill ear' spot is inside their head just behind the brain. They function as sensors for gravity, linear acceleration, and hearing. Function is similar to humans. Also, you can age a fish by these bones...they have 'age rings' similar to trees.
View attachment 2142908
that's really cool

Back
Top Bottom