You Must Know This!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by rancher hicks, Jun 5, 2010.

1. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    The USDA has information about "biosecurity" and it is FREE. You must get it and look at it, if you want to protect your flock.

Somethings you will learn.
    What's contageous and transferable from bird to bird.
    Did you know that other types of birds can carry disease to your chickens. Those cute little chicks from Country Max may have come in healthy but picked up something from the finches or parrots.

So why am I posting this?
    Cuz someone asked for help with a dead bird that they've only had for 3 weeks.

So please check out the FREE information from the USDA. Information is updated yearly so get it every year.

Wishing you the best

Rancher

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    How does one find this information? It sounds great.......

but if I have to give out name and adress, forget it. I don't need the USDA in my backyard!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    LOL ranchhand, I agree with you!

4. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Go to http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs. I ordered this two years in a row and the only thing I have in my back yard are chickens. Though I did find a clip board and pen in the coop one day.

If you are afraid to order it have a friend who isn't order more than one set of information. I order three sets and give them away to friends I like.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by