You try it before we buy it

ScoobyRoo

Crowing
13 Years
Aug 21, 2008
Land of OZ
Has this been approached yet? I thought if we could have an index where the mods (or memebers) volunteer to try out certain chicken products and then give the BYC the feed back. I'm sure funding would be an issue on buying some of these products, but...
hu.gif

Just a thought

Quote:
Yep, that is what I mean! Things like leg bands, peepers, pesticide, cleaning agents for coops, stuff for showing birds, Or when someone is trying to market a new product (as in sexing the chicks) etc..

There may not even be enough products for chickens out there to justify doing a ''consumer type'' report. After all I consider myself a newbie and don't know what all is really out there for chickens and other fowls.
Again, just a thought.
big_smile.png

Guinea pig moderators?! Hey, how about WE be the guinea pigs! Or you, since you brought it up! Just kidding.

Well no need for BYC to purchase things. I think we could just have a "Consumer Reports" of what happened when someone used a product. So many people already are using new and old products.

Could be broken down into segments: Incubators/Hatching, Feeds, Medications/Treatments, Coop products... anyway. It would be a nice little database of reporting from BYC members. Would be great if a star rating system could be added, but I'm not sure of the software cost or bandwidth needed for this.

Quote:
There is a start. I agree with you. Not sure what Nifty is capable of doing (website wise), which is about anything.
wink.png

I think this topic may have some legs, we should dig into it.

AL

i think it would be great. I just had to go out and buy what I thought would work..So far most of it has worked for me, I have gotten a lot of advice from this forem.

I agree....having a section for reviews/ratingsfor chcken related items posters have purchased and used and their experience with it.... CCR ChickenConsumerReport......Would be nice and useful for many of us, I think. Doable????????

Back
Top Bottom