You want to know what gets my goat? (Other than bad people)

Ec_Prokta

Continuum Shift Anomaly
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Horrible anime dubbing companies! Especially 4Kids. OMG, the anime they've ruined! Sonic X, Tokyo Mew Mew, Yu-Gi-Oh, One Piece, the list goes on and on! For example:

Tokyo Mew Mew:

Changing names. Strawberry, Mint, Lettuce, Pudding, and Plum got turned into Zoey, Corina, Bridget, Kikki, and Renee. Why? I have no idea.
Erasing Words. These were NOT offensive! It was just mainly stuff like, "The Beauty Shoppe" or "Mew Mew Cafe"
New 'Soundtrack'. If you could even call it that. It was just horrible, and I'm a fan of Japanese Pop for Marik's sake!

Yu-Gi-Oh:

Changing Names. Jounochi, Honda, and Anzu became Joey, Tristan, and Tea. Most of the characters were spared.
Changing PLOT. Seriously. 4Kids Vers. Marik wants to rule the world by obtaining the Millenium Items. Non 4Kids vers. Marik wants to KILL Yugi (The hero) because he thinks Yugi killed his father.
Editing out any violence or weapons. Excluding the trading cards, all guns are edited out. Oh, a bunch of men are pointing at Kaiba (the anti-hero) That's SOOO scary. Oh, so you want to see Tristan punch Joey (The hero's friends.) like in the Japanese version? T-O-O B-A-D!

Included in these, they also remove any and all backstory, personality and change the dialogue.

"You all have become hollow vessels for saying nothing more than catchphrases." I think this quote from Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series sums up what 4Kids does quite nicely.

I HATE when they dumb down the language. Bad translations or literal ones. bleh

Back
Top Bottom