Young adults never believe their parents

my dad is completely lazy and i'm like my mom. i'm a clean freak. soooo i do my chores hands down just because if i don't do them, they won't ever get done. my mom is in washington right now visiting my sister and watching her give birth to her 5th child. soo i'm here cleaning after a 48 yr old man, 6 cats, 5 ducks (2 of which are my dads), a bunny, and a leopard gecko. i'm glad i'm unemployed, this house would be a disaster!!! lol keeps me busy though. no complaints. i'd rather do this then be stuck at a boring job all day LOL

We have been very lenient with these kids. Two took it to heart when we told them to hold up their end or get out. Kenny did not. He is out. And the thing with Sara's boyfriend really TICKED us off. That kid has helped more than the three kids COMBINED! How dare Kenny call him and tell him we are angry with him for not being here. Being here is not his responsibility!!!! So now we have RoboCops Leg (the jackhammer) in the garage and the ducks still don't have their pool
sad.png

You're all heard the song "The Night I Called The Old Man Out" right....

"He'll pay for all the times that he's been right" ... amazing just how right that sentiment is, particularly to a hormonal teenager. It's purely coincidental that when our oldest starts in with the eyerolling that that song happens to pop up on the surround sound.

I am going through that with my 18 yr old. He thinks because he works 3 days a week, part-time, and works out at the gym, that he doesn't have the time to help out. Says he needs his rest day.

OMG!! We told him that if he works part-time and goes to the local college, he could stay at home. I told him this weekend, that he and his brother will be cleaning the house this week, because I didn't have time this weekend. He told me the above and I told him that he either helps out around the house, or he can start paying rent.

He told me last night that I shouldn't expect him to clean today because he has to work out and get a front end alignment & new tires on his jeep, so he won't have time. I told him I expect him to get it done on Tuesday and to not make any plans.

I wanted to raise my boys to be self-confident (I was not), but I think my 18 yr old is an overachiever, in that department.

I feel all of your pain and I can't wait for the day that he appreciates his family.

Angie

oh hes mouthed me all day about it. if i could, i would move out for the next 6 months as i am sick to death of his crap attitude.

he.gif

Back
Top Bottom