Young Barnevelder Roo needs home in Colorado Springs

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by NLewisColorado, Nov 3, 2013.

1. NLewisColorado

NLewisColorado New Egg

Nov 3, 2013
    I'm new to Colorado Springs, and my daughter bought me a couple of Barnevelders for my new home (thought they were both hens).
    As these things go, one has sprouted a comb and pretty tail feathers. He's young, has not started to crow....but I live downtown and roos are not allowed in the city.
    I would love to find him a home where he will not be sent to the stew pot. They are a hardy quiet kind of breed
    If anyone can help, please reply or PM me..
    thanks so much!

2. RanchGirl13

RanchGirl13 Chillin' With My Peeps

can i see a pic? I probably wont be able to get him but I would still like to see what he looks like

3. NLewisColorado

NLewisColorado New Egg

Nov 3, 2013
    I will get one posted soon, just had a ton of stuff to do today, and it's already dark. I see you are in NM? Not sure of distance as I'm new to the area.

4. RanchGirl13

were the state under colorado but i have relitives in colorado and i used to live there

5. NLewisColorado

NLewisColorado New Egg

Nov 3, 2013
    What area? I'm in Colorado Springs, and don't really know how far it is to New Mexico.

6. RanchGirl13

well in colorado i have family in peblo and colorado springs and in new mexico i live in silver city it is about 2 hours from the mexican border

7. NLewisColorado

NLewisColorado New Egg

Nov 3, 2013
    I've heard Silver City is pretty cool!
    So do any of your relatives near Colorado Springs want to adopt a roo?

8. RanchGirl13

well my uncle probably wont and my sister cant so probably not

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by