Young Call Ducks * 07875 *

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by justmeandtheflock, Dec 10, 2010.

1. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    I need to rehome a few of my call ducks because the boys are fighting and I have decided to concentrate on just one color. I have a gray pair that I hatched back in April who are imprinted. The drake is very friendly and approaches everyone. He does tend to be a bit nippy which can be a problem if you are wearing flip flops and he thinks that shoe laces are worms [​IMG] Anyone can just reach down and pick this guy up and he is usually content to hang out and have his head rubbed for a while. The female was attacked by a dog a few weeks ago but has healed up nicely and doing just fine. She was limping again a few days ago but I think that is because she tries to rescue he mate from my other drakes when they gang up of him.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also have 2 blue magpie drakes that I purchased at 2 weeks old who were brooder raised but not imprinted. I just love the one with more white on his head. He is the smaller of the 2 and I hate to rehome him but I have no girls for him. He is the one who stayed with the gray female after she was attacked. The 2 of them returned home the next morning limping. I have a black pied female who came with them. She is the largest of all of my ducks and carries herself a little more upright so I am thinking she is not all call.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

***Edited to add that all of these pictures were taken over the summer and early fall. I can get new ones if anyone is interested.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Would you consider shipping?

3. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Yes, for actual cost of box + shipping but I would think it would have to be atleast 2 for warmth.

4. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    What would shipping be to 62461? thanks

5. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Which ones are you interested in? I will have to weigh them and figure it out.

6. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    The grey female and blue magpie drake if possible...

7. justmeandtheflock

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    From what I have read it is usually about $50 to ship them but I will find out the exact amount for you. I would like to keep the gray pair together if possible because they are bonded. Is it the blue magpie with more or less white on his head that you like? They are both more bonded with the black pied female.

8. SouthPhillyJim

SouthPhillyJim Out Of The Brooder

Feb 14, 2010
    Port Norris, NJ
    Do you ever come anywhere near Philly? I would take a pair but I cant make that trip anytime soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by