Young duck laid her first two eggs do they look fertile? Blastoderm.

Farmgal Val

Chirping
Apr 22, 2019
Central Texas
What I am used to seeing is a ring &spot in a CHICKEN yolk where the blastoderm spot is more bullseye(a light ring with a center spot)
BUT ...
My ducks are young and these were the first two eggs laid.
There isn't much of a larger ring on the blastoderm that I can see but there are small white spots on each yolk.
Sorry if the photo is dark tried to stop egg reflection.

What do you think?
(Image host is a bit slow to load.,)

https://imgbox.com/E5shuuSz

What I am used to seeing is a ring &spot in a CHICKEN yolk where the blastoderm spot is more bullseye(a light ring with a center spot)
BUT ...
My ducks are young and these were the first two eggs laid.
There isn't much of a larger ring on the blastoderm that I can see but there are small white spots on each yolk.
Sorry if the photo is dark tried to stop egg reflection.

What do you think?
(Image host is a bit slow to load.,)

https://imgbox.com/E5shuuSz
I can't see any pics.

Attachments

• E5shuuSz_o.jpg
    E5shuuSz_o.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 9
Yes but the drake is young and the pool is maybe 15" deep.
I'm only used to looking at chicken eggs so I'm guessing your right.
Thanks!
Ok. How old is the drake? No problem. Hopefully he starts fertilizing them soon. (If you're wanting to hatch them anyway, lol)

Ok. How old is the drake? No problem. Hopefully he starts fertilizing them soon. (If you're wanting to hatch them anyway, lol)
I think we bought them as chicks about 5-6 months back. He is the same age as her.
They both do bonding motions to each other like the head bounce and beak kissing.
Shouldn't be too long to achieve fertile eggs, Thanks

I think we bought them as chicks about 5-6 months back. He is the same age as her.
They both do bonding motions to each other like the head bounce and beak kissing.
Shouldn't be too long to achieve fertile eggs, Thanks
Ok! No problem. Give him a pep talk, lol!

Back
Top Bottom