Young Easter Egger Has Stopped Laying - Why?

I posted this a bit back but didn't get much of a response, so I'm gonna try again and give more info.

I have an Easter Egger about 8 months old and I've had her since 3 months old. She started laying about a month ago and way laying about 3 eggs a week. But, she stopped almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't had anything. She seems active, and normal. The temps are ideal here in So. California and my other birds are all laying. I use a good organic feed and have oyster shell available. They are in a large run most of the time so there is no way she can be "hiding" her eggs somewhere. There are no mites as the other birds would have them, too.

Is this normal for a new layer to stop for a while? Any idea why she has stopped laying? I miss my pretty blue eggs.

Sylvia
Not sure when posted this, but my EE is around a year or so old and she layed pretty good for awhile. She then slacked off some and I figured it was because she was young. But now she has stopped and hasn’t layed any for about a month. Other hens lay about 4 a week. I will never get another EE. But she is not molting or brooding.
have yours started laying again?
Fran

Back
Top Bottom