Young Hen, Rhode Island Red, Sleeping in Box A Lot and Drooling...

Dvg1025

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 14, 2012
on the day i left for a camping trip, my dad and sister wanted to let my 4 chickens out for the first time. they seemed ok with the other animlas so they said to just go inside. when we went back out to leave there was one dead chicken, one almost dead chicken, bloodhound chasing one, and one hiding. by the time i left i went from 4 chickens to 2. when i returned they had bought 3 new chickens, one of which is a Rhode Island Red pullet. all i have seen is it sleeping. when i went out to see it again a bit later, it had what i think is drool coming from its beak. i also just recently (about a week beforehand) had a chicken die (5 to 4). im not sure if this is a disease or what... any thoughts?? i dont want to lose this little chicken.
sad.png

It's obviously not feeling well if it sleeping a lot and drooling. That could be a lot of things though. Would need to know more. Is it mucus or just saliva? Is it eating?

Thanks for the insight (and I meant to post this earlier) but just before I left the house my dad told me it had died. I am gonna keep an eye on the others. I'm hoping there is not a disease in my flock:/

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Sorry to hear about your problems and losses.

Back
Top Bottom