Young male Button noise

Pandaisy

Songster
May 30, 2020
Germany
I am new to Button quail and I am wondering what my male is trying to tell me. I separated him and his girlfriend yesterday because she started chasing another hen. First I thought my dog was snoring :D. He will pick the highest spot in the cage for this show. They are both almost 6 weeks old. Is he training his voice or is he marking his territory? I am already in love with these birds, they are so beautiful and unique! Thank you for any advice on these guys.

I am new to Button quail and I am wondering what my male is trying to tell me. I separated him and his girlfriend yesterday because she started chasing another hen. First I thought my dog was snoring :D. He will pick the highest spot in the cage for this show. They are both almost 6 weeks old. Is he training his voice or is he marking his territory? I am already in love with these birds, they are so beautiful and unique! Thank you for any advice on these guys.

Mating rituals time for mates and getting it on adult style, claiming territory and females saying no this my man and my egg space.

Did he do the naruto arms out run yet ?
I don't know what that is, but I am guessing some sort of mating ritual? So far he's only been yelling and 'snoring'. I can't wait to see. His girlfriend is always running after him, so not long until they do the devil's tango.

I don't know what that is, but I am guessing some sort of mating ritual? So far he's only been yelling and 'snoring'. I can't wait to see. His girlfriend is always running after him, so not long until they do the devil's tango.
Yep !!! And it looks like this ! He sticks his wings out and lowers his body and runs back and forth feathers spread

Alsothat snore is the males growl

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_p00asgvwyq1s1vjna_400.jpg
    tumblr_inline_p00asgvwyq1s1vjna_400.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 5
Yull see it one day !! I laughed so hard ! I was like oh my god how douse it know that anime run !!

I have 24 eggs in the incubator due to hatch on Tuesday. I'm 90% sure that one of them is a quitter. There are many that I cant see into, but the ones that I can have developed nicely.
Coturnix or button

Back
Top Bottom