Young male Button noise

Pandaisy

Songster
May 30, 2020
Germany
I am new to Button quail and I am wondering what my male is trying to tell me. I separated him and his girlfriend yesterday because she started chasing another hen. First I thought my dog was snoring :D. He will pick the highest spot in the cage for this show. They are both almost 6 weeks old. Is he training his voice or is he marking his territory? I am already in love with these birds, they are so beautiful and unique! Thank you for any advice on these guys.

I don't know what that is, but I am guessing some sort of mating ritual? So far he's only been yelling and 'snoring'. I can't wait to see. His girlfriend is always running after him, so not long until they do the devil's tango.
Yep !!! And it looks like this ! He sticks his wings out and lowers his body and runs back and forth feathers spread

Alsothat snore is the males growl

Attachments

• tumblr_inline_p00asgvwyq1s1vjna_400.jpg
    tumblr_inline_p00asgvwyq1s1vjna_400.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 5
Just witnessed my male trying to get on top of his girlfriend. She was laying down for him, chirping. That is a good sign, right? The other two pairs still do nothing and live happily together as a foursome.

I separated my foursome today because I want my silvers to pair up. Now they are non stop crying for each other. Should I leave them together? I am worried that they will start fighting at some point when I am not home.

Edit: Never mind, put them back together because my brown hen and her mate wouldn't stop trying to get back to their friends. All four are happy now.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any mating rituals or actual mating yet. They all hang out with each other all the time. The white-brown female (sorry I am terrible with Button colors) was calling and my silver female answered, my silver male answered, the black male from her cage answered. My silver female started calling back and everybody answered again. This went on for 2 hours. The white-brown female seemed really stressed out, pacing around endlessly.

They are all piled up now in one corner. Guess they are all late bloomers...
They sound about right i kept savi Vladimir shana mina and alucard all together for a long time untill vlad who was a couple weeks older and savi younger then her stated trying to mate but untill then even with vlad laying a egg before the mating they were all fine

Yep !!! And it looks like this ! He sticks his wings out and lowers his body and runs back and forth feathers spread

Alsothat snore is the males growl
Cot males do something similar, lean over extend neck, and run, they don’t put their wings back tho. It usually means they’re lookin for lovin. Snowflake just did this because he’s really into the huge Italian girl who just moved into his cage and she hates him, he tried strutting like that for her and he smacked into the wall and fell over backward, and she stood up and made cricket noises at him lol.

my parrot used to do the full ninjitsu anime run, wings back, head down, but in ultra slow mo.

I am new to Button quail and I am wondering what my male is trying to tell me. I separated him and his girlfriend yesterday because she started chasing another hen. First I thought my dog was snoring :D. He will pick the highest spot in the cage for this show. They are both almost 6 weeks old. Is he training his voice or is he marking his territory? I am already in love with these birds, they are so beautiful and unique! Thank you for any advice on these guys.

Mating rituals time for mates and getting it on adult style, claiming territory and females saying no this my man and my egg space.

Back
Top Bottom