Younger Guy Saying Hello from Alabama!

rcbaughn

Hatching
6 Years
May 24, 2013
Just as the title says, hello from Jasper, Alabama!!! I am a 25 year old guy who is just working a job and looking to get into raising some sort of bird. Can't decide whether chickens, ducks, guinea hens, pheasants, or geese are right for me! I am originally from Lynn, Alabama but have since moved to Jasper to live with my mom for a while till I enroll in college again. Taking a break from it all, hence why raising an animal is on my mind! As if my Weimaraner doesn't already take too much of my time, money, and effort up!

I seriously look forward to meeting a lot of you guys and gals and learning a lot too. I have already picked up so much good information and I can only imagine how much more there is to be learned on here. Thanks again though for this awesome online community and I look forward to getting me a flock going in the next month!

-Cory Baughn

Greetings from Kansas, Cory, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Of the birds you listed, I think chicken might be the easiest - just my opinion. Might want to start with them and see how you like it. Also, you can chat with some local poultry folk in the AL thread of the link below. Good luck and have fun!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You know, if you can't decide between chickens, ducks, pheasants, geese etc you can always get some of each... Enjoy the site!

welcome-byc.gif
everything loves chickens(for lunch), you may have to restrict your weimaraner to visits thru the fence, or only on short lead

welcome-byc.gif
everything loves chickens(for lunch), you may have to restrict your weimaraner to visits thru the fence, or only on short lead
Oh I don't think he would really hurt them! He is scared of my mom's apple head chihuahua so I think a broody hen would stomp him out no doubt! Ha! But yeah, I am probably going to go with chickens at first once I get my coop all nailed down and figured out. Definitely excited about the future of my little place.

Back
Top Bottom