Your Biggest Chicken Egg To Date

TonySorrento

Songster
8 Years
Apr 29, 2011
South Wales, New York
Let's see your monster egg! I got one yesterday that is massive! It came from my Cuckoo Maran that gives me jumbo eggs anyway but this one is off the charts!

48e48641-8a30-f4ff.jpg

It sits over an inch from the top of the carton!

LOL must be a yesterday large egg day

i got this monstor yesterday

i have had some big double yolkers before but this is the biggest to date

3 and half ounces (93Grams)

This egg is the largest one my hens have layer yet! You can see the comparison to an iPhone. It would not fit in the carton with the other eggs! i could not close the top with it in there. Im not 100 percent sure which hen it came from, but i think the egg is from my rhode island red, penny.

Largest Chicken Egg-world record set in China

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] SUIHUA, Heilongjiang Province, China -- Zhang Yinde, an employee of the Forestry Bureau of Suiling County, owns an ordinary hen which laid a 6.3 centimeters wide and 9.2 cm long egg, and weighed 201 grams, three times heavier than an ordinary egg-setting the world record for the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Largest Chicken Egg[/FONT].
chicken-egg-China-90261-b.jpg

Photo: The [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Largest Chicken Egg[/FONT], laid by a hen in northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, looks much bigger than an ordinary one. / Photo by dbw.cn
The [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Largest Chicken Egg[/FONT] it's been kept in the refrigerator of the owner.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Zhang told Xinhua that the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Largest Chicken Egg[/FONT] looks like any other, except that its shell is a bit rough.

"The heroine hen is a super mother. She laid three other big eggs previously and once laid four eggs within one day," Zhang said.

Zhang got the hen as a "bonus" when he bought 10 other chickens from a breeder.

The other chickens have since ended up on Zhang's dinner table.

The hen has an unusual source of food. "She loves to walk around my dog's kennel. I guess she's been stealing the dog's food," Zhang said.
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom