Your crossing your fingers for me worked (Update)

Oh she is so sweet! Congrats! I am sure you can fix that food aggression. Just have to work with her on it.

I have had a dog now for a week that somebody dumped. I put out flyers just hoping but sadly no. Tomorrow she is going to the shelter. Not good around poultry. So sad that the people who owned her were so lazy to just dump her instead of going to the shelter. They will take them no questions asked. UGH!

How about Faith?
You gotta have Faith!
gig.gif

I have never been able to fix food aggression in my Newfie mix. She is not people aggressive with her food, but is with the other dogs. Usually just a warning growl.

Now my Cavalier has picked up the habit. He guards his dish. Our Newfie was older when we got her and had already been through 4 homes and we think abused and starved. There is NO reason for the Cavalier to think he isn't going to get food. At this point I feed all three seperately. With my Bichon in a totally seperate room since she eats one piece at a time.

Do you have any other dogs?

She sure is a cutie! I hope you get the whole food thing worked out!

Hi everyone. Thank you for all the nice words. I was going to name her Faith, but unfortunately, I couldn't keep her.
hit.gif

My dad's dog didn't like the sweet thing because the pyr was so big compared to her. It was fine at first, but by the end of it, my dad's dog wouldn't get off the recliner and wasn't eating or drinking from fear. That's a problem because I couldn't keep them separated, as hot as it has been here (100 F). (I wasn't going to make my dog have to be outside or be closed off in a small area, and my dad's 15 lb dog is an inside dog.) So after a great deal of thought and tears, I gave her to a local Great Pyrenees rescue. She'll be well cared for until she's placed with another home. The lady who runs the rescue showed us 17 pyrs that she's keeping now, which was an eye opener. She makes people fill out an application, and then does a home inspection. She seemed to already know where the girly was going to be fostered, and was quite excited to meet her.

She named her Heather, after me. (very touched) I guess it's for the best, as I believe things happen for a reason. It must've been in the cards for me to find and rescue that baby girl, because the woman who had found her wasn't feeding her well and was restricting water, so that she was dehydrated. She gained 5+ pounds the first night I had her. (You wouldn't believe how much water she drank.) She'll always be in my thoughts and I wish it had worked out. Now I know that I can't get another dog until I have the opportunity to introduce the dogs to make sure that it'll be okay. There was no indication that my dad's dog would have a problem, since she's been good with other dogs in the past, but that wasn't a long term exposure; now I know better. It's possible that things would've gotten better over time, but my dad didn't want the stress of dealing with it, and he didn't want his dog getting ill from not eating or drinking. She's now back to her routine and not looking around to see where the pyr is.

I'm still sad, but am praying that she goes to a great home where she's really happy; one that doesn't have growling small dogs to bother her.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom