Your experience raising polish?

Hannahnic14

Crowing
Apr 29, 2021
Middle Tennessee
I'm ordering some polish chicks to replace some other chicks that a dog attack took from me and I'm reading mixed reviews. Some people love them, some people say they just die at the drop of a hat.....I have silkies and crevecoeurs so I'm familiar with crested birds I just need to know if I should change what breed I'm ordering. I really want some more crested birds for my egg laying flock.

I'm ordering some polish chicks to replace some other chicks that a dog attack took from me and I'm reading mixed reviews. Some people love them, some people say they just die at the drop of a hat.....I have silkies and crevecoeurs so I'm familiar with crested birds I just need to know if I should change what breed I'm ordering. I really want some more crested birds for my egg laying flock.
I have 2, 7 week old polish chicks that have been doing great. These are my first ones, so I’m not super experienced with them, but so far they seem great. They are from McMurray Hatchery if that means anything.

6C6D1B3F-2E44-4699-AD96-A531D2B21E5C.jpeg 6580FE42-3362-4B73-B267-8C1EFB980E18.jpeg
I ordered these to ladies as pullets, they are a bit more expensive, but definitely worth it if you don’t want 15 roosters. 😊

(The first picture was the other day and the second one was a few weeks ago)

I have 2, 7 week old polish chicks that have been doing great. These are my first ones, so I’m not super experienced with them, but so far they seem great. They are from McMurray Hatchery if that means anything.
As far as integrating goes, I already have crevecoeurs in my main flock so the others are used to seeing crested birds so I'm thinking the polish won't get picked on because of their crests.

Polish all the way!!!!!

I've kept them for years. Never had any drop dead. They are hardy, cope with cold and heat, quirky characters, friendly, excellent layers.

My current lot, how can you not love them!

20210718_192020.jpg

Back
Top Bottom