Your experience raising polish?

I have 1 polish with my 3 silkies...
He was amazing from day 1! He would follow me around from the backyard to the garage when they were still in brooder. He would also eat out of my hand and let me pick him up at night n talk to him without squirming. ..til he hit puberty!!! Now he's like any other hormonal lil turd 😜. I'm praying he will adjust and enter a new "amazing" phase soon...especially since my black silkie is probably a lil cockrel as well!
Screenshot_20210713-194138_Instagram~2.jpg

I have 1 polish with my 3 silkies...
He was amazing from day 1! He would follow me around from the backyard to the garage when they were still in brooder. He would also eat out of my hand and let me pick him up at night n talk to him without squirming. ..til he hit puberty!!! Now he's like any other hormonal lil turd 😜. I'm praying he will adjust and enter a new "amazing" phase soon...especially since my black silkie is probably a lil cockrel as well!
View attachment 2775708
He's gorgeous!

I'm ordering some polish chicks to replace some other chicks that a dog attack took from me and I'm reading mixed reviews. Some people love them, some people say they just die at the drop of a hat.....I have silkies and crevecoeurs so I'm familiar with crested birds I just need to know if I should change what breed I'm ordering. I really want some more crested birds for my egg laying flock.
Polish will definitely keep your flock interesting. Of course every chick is different with their own personalities so it's hard to gaurentee they will all be sweet. I have 2 crevecoeurs and one polish. My crevecoeurs turned out to be the sweetest out of my group of 21. My polish...well the picture says it all. Shes acts like a grumpy old lady🤣 I went in thinking she would be low in the pecking order and it is the exact opposite! She is top hen for sure. She is very skittish. I recently trimmed her crest in hopes that would help.

Attachments

• 20210615_150729.jpg
    20210615_150729.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom