Your favorite duck

I will absolutely not engage in picking favorites, but our little Amelia is pretty special. She is a three-year old silver Appleyard. She was attacked by a (we think) juvenile osprey when she was young. In addition to several holes in her head from talons, the right tip of her bill was torn. As you can see, her cute little tongue now comes out. :)

amelia-tongue.jpg

After her injury, she lived in the house for a while, so we have a special bond with her.

I am jealous of all that can touch their feathered friends! I have favorites for different reasons. Thelma - - she is vocal and "thinks" everyone likes her; Fat Louie - just because, TB because she is like an annoying big sister to Thelma......I TRIED to get them used to human connection....holding/rocking/talking to them - no luck :(. I am just the pestering parent (that feeds, waters, houses) them.....HMMMMMM kids????

This is 'Eyebrows', an 8 week old (7 weeks old in the photo) Muscovy drake. He's just the sweetest and loves having a pat on the head. We've called him Eyebrows since he was a little duckling with the intention of choosing a better name once we knew what he was going to be (drake or duck) but the name has stuck and I think he'll be Eyebrows forever.

View attachment 2211116

Omggg, I thought I was the only the one with a duck named Eyebrows! :lau I have a muscovy with this name too, although she's female. She's the white one with two little black "eyebrows". Lol

IMG_20191220_094635067_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20200225_093210887_HDR.jpg

I will absolutely not engage in picking favorites, but our little Amelia is pretty special. She is a three-year old silver Appleyard. She was attacked by a (we think) juvenile osprey when she was young. In addition to several holes in her head from talons, the right tip of her bill was torn. As you can see, her cute little tongue now comes out. :)

View attachment 2211747

After her injury, she lived in the house for a while, so we have a special bond with her.
I think she's beautiful :love

I’ve been accused of being a Certified Manhater but I have to say that my drake Handsome Rob is my favorite. He’s the F/W runner on the right, and that look is because his ladies want into the Bun Runs and I said no.
View attachment 2212256
Rob is indeed super handsome and the master of giving side eye 😊

I am jealous of all that can touch their feathered friends! I have favorites for different reasons. Thelma - - she is vocal and "thinks" everyone likes her; Fat Louie - just because, TB because she is like an annoying big sister to Thelma......I TRIED to get them used to human connection....holding/rocking/talking to them - no luck :(. I am just the pestering parent (that feeds, waters, houses) them.....HMMMMMM kids????
I like Fat Louie already because of his name. What kind of ducks are they?

Back
Top Bottom