YOUR HOUSE!!! A Pic please?!?!

Quote:
Don't let it get you down. Its not as bad as you think. Our house was a 'short sale' I bought it for less then if it was a foreclosure. They were soooo scared of losing it, they took whatever the bank agreed to take to say the loan was paid. So $10k out of pocket I pay for this house what we were paying for our 2 bedroom apartment in town. JUST GET A 30 YEAR FIXED!
tongue.png

Here's our small home on 3 acres in the country. Its a 1890's old farm house, first one built in our area according to the older remaining residents on the street. We sit at the base of a small mountain and across the street is all state forest land.

Pic_03May102008.jpg

Hubbys shed, which I have been slowly taking over with chicken supplies lol
Pic_19Apr272008.jpg

Pond hubby and kids put in for me and the weeping willow we planted 4 yrs ago when we moved in.
Pic_15Nov192007.jpg

Parts of the coop
Pic_14Aug132008.jpg

Pic_15Aug132008.jpg

Pic_12Aug132008.jpg

Just a little duck pond we built
Pic_07Aug282008.jpg

Pic_11Aug132008.jpg

There is currently a bantam coop being built on the closest corner in the last pic with their own run, the duck run is getting enlarged (thats the duck house on the left in the last pic) and I definitely have to finish painting before winter.

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL!
smile.png
Thank you so much! You are too sweet! Four little ones keep me quite busy! Especially that little 2 year old boy!! He's a handful!
wink.png

Quote:
Beautiful! I LOVE older homes! They are often built with such details and charm! And I love the chicken area...do you put sand down on the ground? I'm getting ready to build som large outside pens and curious.
smile.png

Thanks
smile.png
The house definitely has what my hubby refers to as 'character'. But its different, livable and keeps us warm and dry, so I'm not complaining!

Yeah we have sand in the run, I love it. Of course it was in need of a good raking when I took the pics, it doesnt normally look that messy. Hubby gave them cut grass to play in.

Oddly, there was an above ground pool there with a sand bottom. When I first started the run, I thought sand would be bad for chickens, so we worked on moving lots of the sand out. Only to find out it would be a perfect flooring. Since then we have gone up to the quarry up the road from us and hauled 4 tons of sand down to put in there lol. I still want another truckload or two before winter hits. Live and learn lol.

Last edited:
So, do you put sand in their coops? Here's my problem. We converted an old existing pole barn on our property into a very large coop. We have built cages and runs(cages for our game chickens) runs to separate color in our silkies flocks, and then the rest of our chickens free range during the day and come into the main area at night to sleep. So, I was so scared of something digging under and snacking on my chickens that DH built wood flooring about a foot off the ground, so essentially, it's predator proof at night. So, for now we use pine shavings for bedding and it works well, but what would you suggest the best flooring inside? Sorry I've gone off topic! lol

Such wonderful homes! I will see if I can dig up or take another one of our place. It was moved here about 1920 but in the 1800s was an old flour mill.(LOL, the house next to use used to be a button factory way back when!) I bought it for $25,000 11 years ago, this is the one that an older child of mine is going to move into once I move out to the little farm. It has taken a lot of work and more to be done, its not the Taj Mahal, but it has treated us well as a home. And we are on the edge of a VERY small town so close to the beautiful river bluffs along the Mississippi.
When I first moved in here, family and friends thought I was crazy because it was in such bad shape,lol. I didnt care because I wanted a home I could afford to pay off even if it needed fixing!

Good for you, MagsC! Just curious where in MN you live? I am from a VERY small town in central MN (Osakis), but now live in the country outside of Forest Lake.

Quote:
Wow, you have eczactly the type of rustic country home i've always dreamed of! on a nice quiet street with chickens for gaurds
tongue.png

I am a mile off of the road. I have one of those driveways that you think is an oil-well road. We are way way back. But I love it that way.
wink.png

Thank you it is our little piece of Heaven.

Back
Top Bottom