Your land and Animals !!!!

Quote:
We are technically backyard farmers too
wink.png
Only have a bit over a third of an acre:D

We have 5.37 acres in the mtns. Wish we could move to even more private acreage, but this is fine for now. We are trying to sell 3.15 of it to pay off the mortgage on the original part, but if I could sell the house and the entire acreage, we'd move up into TN. We have 1 elderly dog and 43 chickens.

Living on twenty acres! Built the house ourselves five years ago.

We have seventeen chickens, one cat that recently adopted us, two boxers, a boston terrier and a cockatiel.

Hope to have horses and goats again!

I'm a true backyard chicken girl--I live right smack in the middle of downtown. I'm lucky to have a really jungle-like backyard that offers a good amount of privacy! Someday I want more land but for now I love the excitement of being where all the action is.

Here is my little blue coop:

27838_coop4.jpg

Quote:
Nope, I am one too. I do, however, own 2.5 acres.......in Arizona.
roll.png
I am in Kansas, and I currently have no plans to move to AZ. We would love to find some land in the country, but it just isn't in our budget.

How I got the land...

My grandfather bought it for my mother, she wanted to live somewhere warm. When he passed away, he left it to me, since I was the only one with a job, and I would finish paying it off. That was over 20 years ago, and I still haven't seen it.
hmm.png

Quote:
That probably makes the horrible neighbors think that they're winning. Get the roos. Get a couple of real pigs while you're at it!

I have 1/2 acre about 2 miles out of town in a small old rural subdivision. I'm MUCH too close to neighbors. I would prefer 640 acres in the pines. But 1/2 acre is more than I can take care of as it is!

It's better than living in town by a LONG WAY!

Other than the times in dorms and apts while in school, this is the smallest piece of ground I have ever owned/lived on. It's ok for me now. Everything has it's time.

2 Boxer dogs - GREAT Guys! 21 chickens. (soon to be more.)

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

(no longer working hard.) (not having quite as much fun, either!)
I looked at the pix of my High School reunion. Just OLD PEOPLE!!!

Quote:
That is really sad. How much land do you have? .. We bought our place last year, and there is a 3 acre lot one house over, our immediate neighbour loves the horses and animals and he is a very private person but enjoys listening to the chickens in the morning and watching the horses over his fence (he owns about 50 acres next to our 8 acres and his property line is at our driveway).

However, that lot of land just sold and they are building a house on it. We have yet to meet the new neighbours but are worried they will be city slickers who hate the smell of horses (our horses are pastured, and while we rake the poop to fertilize the field it still smells on those hot hot hot days a bit). I saw them walking past our place with their dog the other day, and while they waved to us, I'm still a bit worried and will be until we meet them!

I will bring over cookies and break the news to them carefully LOL that they are living very close to a blooming hobby farm that just acquired 2 goats, and plans to get more, 20 chickens, 3 ducks, 5 dogs, 1 horse....oh my

We have 4.5 acres just outside of town. Couldn't stand the thought of building new . . . so we moved in a 1918 american four square. River runs through our back property. Love our property, just wish we had more room for more animals. We'd love to be able to raise our own beef and pork - maybe some day.

Currently we have 1 irish wolfhound, 3 koi goldfish, 1 turtle, and approximately 50 chickens.

Back
Top Bottom