Your pets and the cold!

My chickens refused to come outside all day. I made them scrambled eggs mixed with cat food and black oil sunflower seeds and brought gallons of lukewarm water out form the house when we had power. This is my coop boarded up with scrap that i could find past minute image.jpg

LOVE your photos! I am a complete sucker for goats in coats and big, white livestock guardian dogs (I've had both). Your chickens are clearly braving the snow and cold better than mine. And, I've had eggs that look remarkably like yours.

Spring MUST hurry! Temps are supposed to hit 40 degrees in a few days after Monday's low of 24 below zero. I hope so much that it's true!

Mine are thrilled right now. Its 4 above, and even though it's dark out, theres enough light shining through the window of their coop into the run that several are out there playing chicken games. We went 12 days without getting above 0, so this is a treat to them. We had 3 nights in a row of -40 or colder, a couple in the -30s and the rest were at least -20. This is like spring. They still wanted to be in the run, even on the coldest days, but when it was cold, they waited for the sun to come up before venturing out.

Back
Top Bottom