12 Years
Apr 6, 2007
Iceland
A few folks here have said how yummy smoked foods are and how a smoker
does a good job on a chicken.

I'd like to pick one up, just not a crazy expensive one. It should be propane
and be able to hold a large turkey.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. If you don't
mind mentioning your favorite use for it I'd love to hear that too.

Thanks!!!

My absolute favorite is the Big Green Egg. Although expensive initially, they last forever and the customer service is unbeatable! My ceramic collar had a crack in it and though I thought it'd be a hassle when I emailed the company, they gave me a credit letter immediately and sent one to the seller to replace mine in their next shipment.
I cook everything on mine and it's easy to use. I have the xtra lg one because I smoke multiple turkeys for Thanksgiving for us and friends, but they have sizes to fit almost any budget.
The meats all turn out deliciously smoked and juicy and you can also make pizzas in there and breads on the stone. They cook those a lot like the brick ovens in the pizza place. I've done turkeys, chickens, roasts and of course the usual fare of burgers and brats and they all come out perfect. Fish and veggies too.
I ran through at least 4 of the Mr Smoker smokers before taking the plunge and buying this one and I've not regretted it.
HTH!
smile.png

I don't smoke much, only about a pack a day
th.gif
, I use my grill, just flip the burner cover over and put the wet wood chips in foil and the upside down burner cover. They also make smoker boxes to go in grills. My grill can hold two beer can chickens or one 20 lbs turkey - tom has to lay down though, the grill is to small to shove a foster or mini keg into his cavity and have him stand.

Mine is not propane. It is electric and I LOVE it! It holds a lot and because it is electric it holds the temp completely steady. We have smoked ribs, pork loins, pork chops, turkeys, roasts etc etc. Ours is a brinkman and they sell it at Academy Sports and Lowe's. Home Depot carries it I think also. It is around $60. The only problem is after a few years the coil will blow out in it. For $60 we just replace the whole thing. You can replace the coil for about 30. It is well worth it to us because you just add water, wood, and plug it up. No flare ups etc. If you are not dead set on propane you might want to check it out.
smile.png

Edited to add... it holds two large turkeys and you can also grill on it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom