Your routine? What time do they go in and out?

PuddleSplash

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
What time do they go in and out of the coup for the day/night? In before dusk? Out after sunrise?

Curious what your routine with them looks like
caf.gif

9-9:30 am is when their let out, i have kids and then horses before i let them out lol i don't always let them out, out like for foraging at first either around the barn is fencing so i may clean and fuss about before i let them out for the day. I usually bring them back into the fenced area before dusk, i don't want them wandering after that. I don't put them in the barn till almost dark... and that times varies based on the season, in winter sadly that can be as early as after 4pm.

I've taught mine (by chasing them around and herding them in) to go into the coop with the chickens at night. They go in on there own now, at around 8pm and are let back out by 7am. I don't keep any water in the coop, because they make a mess of it. They seem do be fine without it.

I let mine out at 7 and in at 9... but usually they are inside before i go to put them. I let them out so early so that i can go in and collect the eggs before they get all poopy and such

Mine now have their doors opened at about 520 (its getting light out at 530) and I put them up at dusk. They will go in on their own if I don't put them up but they wait til full dark. I'm always up at sunup, even on my days off, so they are out when the sun is.

They are out in their fenced in area by 7:30 a.m. (I don't want to let them out too early as my duck lays her egg in the morning) and then I lock them up around 8:15 p.m.

Back
Top Bottom