Your thoughts on my new homemade incubator?*PICS*

Quote:
wow thaTS so nice.Im so jealous of your incubator..how i wish i can buy something like that..did do that yourself?or did you buy it like that already?

I am not trying to be rude but HOMEMADE is something you build yourself.

I currently have 14 eggs in there and they are all developing.I am on day 6!

Last edited:
Looks very impressive. Only problem I could foresee is with putting the eggs in the bottom for lockdown. If I were you I think I'd build a hatcher tray out of thin gauge wire mesh and put it at the same height in the bator as the turners. Looks like there's rails in there you could hang it on. I'd want to put a mesh lid on it too.

Good luck with your hatch!

Quote:
Quote:
That's what I meant by putting them in the bottom. Lockdown is the last three days of incubation.

Usually I try to keep the eggs at the same height in the incubator for the whole of the incubation. Even with fans, temps can vary quite a lot at different heights in the incubator. When I take out my turning rollers, I don't put the eggs on the floor of the incubator, cause that is 1cm or so lower than they were. I put them in egg cartons to raise them off the floor and keep them at the same height. That way I can be sure they stay at the same temperature.

Last edited:
I am going to leave them in the same height and turn the auto turner off.

I was confused with the question and I meant I would place the chicks at the bottom not the eggs.

LOL

Hi from Ga. VERY INTERESTING I PRESUME. Hope it works and looking forward to seeing some of your hatched eggs on here. Good Luck.
thumbsup.gif

Looks like a nice set up.
thumbsup.gif
I may have read this wrong but I took it you are leaving the eggs in the tray for lock down in my opinion that would be a bad idea. I would want a flat safe surface for the chicks to hatch in. Just my opinion.
Chad

Back
Top Bottom