Your Top 3 Favorite Westerns

Just curious, for those who have seen it, how does the new True Grit stack up against the original ? When I first heard there was going to be a remake, I thought it was blasphemy, but I do like the Coen brothers work, so inquiring minds want to know.

Quote:
big_smile.png
I feel the same way.....I saw the new 3:10 to Yuma, before I even new there was an old one...I almost didn't get the old one (with Glen Ford), because I didn't want it to ruin it for me but I lucked out with that one ....they are different enough it was ok....I have not seen the new True Grit...it's hard for me to believe anyone can do that showdown in the meadow better than The Duke ....."Fill your hand" CLASSIC.....IMO

Lonesome Dove
ANY John Wayne western
Tombstone

Plus, all of the other movies mentioned in this thread. And a bunch more that haven't been mentioned yet.

Like, The Ox-bow Incident with Henry Fonda

Ok, with the snow we have watched the entire Shogun series but when it comes to westerns, my fav's are.....

Broken Trail with Robert Duvall
Jeremiah Johnson with Robert Redford
Lonesome Dove

I absolutely love Shogun!! I havent seen it in years but love the story and the history in that miniseries.

Havent seen many people say this one but its good also....The Magnificent Seven. The Japanese movie that it is copied from is excellent...The Seven Samurai.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom