Gunsmoke
Bonanza
Little House on the Prairie
High Noon
Paint Your Wagon
How The West Was Won
etc.

Quote:
I haven't seen that one in years in fact I had forgot about it......thanks for the reminder....I need to see it again...with all this talk about Unforgiven, we are watching right now
pop.gif

what's kickin´chicken :

Quote:
I haven't seen that one in years in fact I had forgot about it......thanks for the reminder....I need to see it again...with all this talk about Unforgiven, we are watching right now
pop.gif

I had my husband hooked on this one.

He used to make sure everyone we knew saw it.​

I was wondering if any one else has seen a movie called " Heartland" Rip Torn and Conchata Ferrell in it...set in 1810 (I think) a rancher has a widow woman and her daughter to come out to Wyoming to help him.........it is a really good movie not a lot of action but well worth watching if you want an idea how it must have been for some....they even talk about chickens in it.....rancher seems to think she should know how many eggs she gets a day....
wink.png

The Wild Bunch (uncut). Sometimes find myself humming La Golondrina for no good reason.
Bronco Billy (not really a `Western'), an Eastwood film that didn't have me leaving the theater keeping a weather eye out for Lee Van Cleef.
Cheyenne Autumn (John Ford makes amends).

Have to admit, having spent a childhood with everything from R. Reagan hosting Death Valley Days to the soppiest horse opera, Deadwood was such a relief, only missing on the language (the `mayor' was close), but probably got the true ambiance down cold (if the contemporaneous accounts of the period are accurate).

Do more reading than watching. Evan S. Connell's Son Of The Morning Star (ostensibly about Custer's demise), it can't be beat for rooting into every nook and cranny of the `west' on the way to the well known denouement.
(do NOT bother with the `movie' `based' on the book
roll.png
)

Last edited:
The Good Old Boys,is another gooood movie IMO...has Tommy Lee Jones in it and he also directed it...(Sam Sherard & Sissy Spacek are both in it also) well worth watching
big_smile.png

Started Centennial the other night...we will be watching that for a little while..
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom