Your very last chicken... what would it be?

Pics
Only ONE !!!!!:barnie I’d never be able to chose!!
I like my RIR because egg production has been good and they have plenty of meat on them.
My EE’s lay such pretty eggs as well as my crested cream legbars and they both have jaunty feathering.
My white leghorn is just delicate to look at (and I’m hoping to round out my egg basket colors if she ever decides to start laying)
My buff Orpington has the sweetest personality (and lays the biggest eggs so far)
My ayam cemani (And his cross offspring) are just majestic to look at with their metallic shine to their feathers.
And my gold laced Wyandottes have pretty feathers / personality too, but both that I owned have had bumble foot so I’m starting to lean slightly away from those.

Yup, no choosing just one for me....unless it’s one ... Of everything!:drool:idunno
that is so smart! Me too... one of everything!!

There is absolutely, positively no chance I would ever be able to pick just one breed. :gig

Even going on personality alone without taking bird and egg appearance into account, it would leave me with an impossible choice between my big, cuddly, beloved Dorkings and my tiny, charming, precious OEGBs. No way, no how could I possibly pick between them. :love

And that's after a long, strenuous process of elimination to get down to just them! :th

I like colorful birds and eggs, and I also like birds who are easily handled and don't shy away from me. My top five, in this order, are Dorkings, OEGBs, Cochins (particularly bantams), Orpingtons, and Plymouth Rocks. Placing just outside of that are Marans and Easter-eggers as their personalities have on average been a bit more aggressive and a bit more shy, respectively, than the breeds in my top 5, but they have purdy eggs. :love I think that generally I want my flock to always contain some of each of those breeds (or, well, you get what I mean with the EEs). That's not even counting the ones I want that I haven't owned yet, or not really, like Brahmas and Ameraucanas.

I just want them all. Is that too much to ask? :p Good thing I don't have to pick just one! :D
Dorkings and OEGBs represent both ends of the spectrum!! I'm with you--I want them cuddly, funny, and sweet.

My favourite chicken breed is aseel. Hands down they have the best personality, they are the best moms in the chicken world and they love their people. They are not at all a good layer, but they are the best sitters. View attachment 1992612 View attachment 1992613
I've watched a lot of videos about them! I think they're really beautiful!! What is the plural of Aseel? Aseels? Or is it just Aseel? Thanks!

For me it's a contest between Speckled Sussex (pictured) and Barred Rock. I love both of these breeds as they are very human sociable, and loaded with personality, as well as being prolific egg layers, and being aesthetic to look at. My two favorite hens of all time
1. pictured - Sophia Loren, Speckled Sussex (and her sister - Raquel Welch)
2. my avatar - Hattie the Head Sitter, Barred Rock
3. Pulling up in third, not pictured, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (and Buff Orpington)
View attachment 1956126 View attachment 1956127 View attachment 1956129
soooo pretty!

Back
Top Bottom