Your very last chicken... what would it be?

Pics
As you said, there are 3 varieties of Marans recognized by the APA in the US. But they are Black Copper, Wheaten and White. No blue on the list.
In France there are 8 recognized varieties but no blue on that list either. They are Silver Cuckoo, Golden Cuckoo, White, Coppered Black, Black, Wheat, Black-tailed Fawn, and Ermine.

I didn't say anything about the APA I just said blue marans. You stand corrected.

I didn't say anything about the APA I just said blue marans. You stand corrected.
Bless you child!
I refuse to get into an argument about varieties.
Regardless of the color, you suggested Marans and any color variety should have the same characteristics you admire so whether one can find blues or not, they should all be nearly the same.

I am not arguing with anyone, I just claimed I liked a breed. I am sorry I was not more technical about my favorite breed, just like people who like LO, another unrecognized color that didn't seem to bother you, just my chicken's feather colors.

Last edited:
If you could only have one breed for the rest of your days, what would it be? What is the one chicken that will always have a place in your coop (and heart) and why? :)

Just curious to see all the responses and reasonings because I may or may not be needing to see what else I can add to my spring chick order list. :p

This is all just for fun. Pictures, rankings or long lists of recommended breeds will all be appreciated. ;)

Here is what the lady who made this post and I am with her...This is all just for fun, Flexing is not fun for anyone.

Bless you child!
I refuse to get into an argument about varieties.
Regardless of the color, you suggested Marans and any color variety should have the same characteristics you admire so whether one can find blues or not, they should all be nearly the same.
I said I liked blues, I didn't mention any varieties other than what blue comes in blue, splash and black. not "marans and any color variety," and I said nothing of characteristics. I don't want to have to repeat myself, but you keep putting words in my mouth. Bless your heart too.

Back
Top Bottom