Ypsilanti Township Ordinance to Allow Chickens

Do you support Backyard Chickens in Ypsilanti Township?

• Yes

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Maybe, I require more information.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe, provided they are properly cared for.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Public Hearing in front of Ypsilanti Township Planning Commission set for June 26th at 6:30 at the Township Civic Center. Please come out to support the text amendment to the ordinance to allow backyard chickens.

Greetings,
I am feeling like I have joined the party when everyone is just about to pick up coats and drive away. I just found out today, about the township coucil meeting to discuss the master plan an the opportunity to take up the chicken issue. A month late!
I am very interested in supporting developments in the Ypsi township laws regarding chickens. I am a life long self-stainablity enthusiast, I have kept chickens before I moved to Michigan and would love to keep chickens again. I was very disappointed to learn of the specifics of the chicken ban under 5 acres right after I purchased my home in Ypsilanti township. I have quite a great scheme for hoop house, chicken coop and vermiculture system I would like to install. Unfortunately, I need to help my fellow Ypsilanti chicken lovers to change the ordinances down at the town hall.

Can anyone give me a run down on who has been active on this subject? I would love to meet with some folks if an established proposal has been written.
Otherwise, I am looking for introductions to anyone in the area that knows how to instruct this chick on lobbying my local township council for the changes.

Thanks,
RS
Ypsigardener

Hi ypsigardener -

I live in Ann Arbor, and would like to invite you to check out the Right to Farm thread, as you will find a lot of people there interested in these issues. Some work from the Ordinance side, and some from the Right to Farm side, but all are interested in advancing agricultural efforts, wherever people happen to live.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...farm-law-what-does-it-mean/1200#post_11400982

Back
Top Bottom